UWA finding a supervisor for you if you are a postgraduate international student

Can you find a supervisor for me if I am a postgraduate international student?

If you are applying for Research within the Faculty of Science, refer to the instructions below.

All other applicants must locate a supervisor independently.

You must find your own supervisor because you need to discuss the research topic or area of study directly with your potential supervisor. For your postgraduate studies visit "Choosing a Supervisor" for more information.

Applying for research in the Faculty of Science

The International Postgraduate Coordinator in the Faculty of Science is able to help you identify nominated supervisors for your research project. There are four simple steps in the process:

  1. We need some information about your qualifications and experience, so we invite you to complete the help to find a PhD/Master's supervisor enquiry form
  2. Within two working days we will review your information and, if you are likely to meet our entrance requirements, we will send it to potential supervisors for their advice and consideration.
  3. Within ten working days we will advise you if UWA is able to supervise your PhD studies, or advise you otherwise.
  4. If we are able to supervise your PhD, we will provide you with a letter of support for your application, and guide you through the process of applying to UWA.

The enquiry form guides you through the information we require about your area of research interest. Potential supervisors are eager to see how your proposed research interest fits within their current scope of research and this is your opportunity to grab their attention.

Read over the two quality examples of research overviews provided on the enquiry form to help you provide an outstanding overview of your research interest.

Find out more about the current research within our schools areas or institutes in science and discover more about the research projects of our science students.

Once potential supervisors have been nominated for your research project, you will be able to send the notification letter to Student Central so that it may be added to your Postgraduate Application for further assessment. In the meantime you application will be held in Student Central and we look forward to receiving the names of your confirmed nominated supervisors and continuing with your application.

Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted; please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.