Availability of scholarships for undergraduate international students

I am an undergraduate international student. Are there any scholarships available for my degree at the University of Western Australia?

Student Central does not offer scholarships on behalf of the University of Western Australia (UWA) to international undergraduate students. In general there are no UWA scholarships available to international undergraduate students except for those occasionally offered by faculty.

There are only two options available to you as an international undergraduate student:

Option 1: As explained, there are no recurring UWA scholarships available to international undergraduate students. However, some Faculties such as the Faculty of Science and the UWA Business School do, from time to time, offer a specific undergraduate international scholarship to meet a special purpose. To find out if there is a scholarship available for the year you intend to study check each faculty web page. Also check any scholarship which you apply for is available to international students. Scholarships for international undergraduate students are not common and Student Central is unable to help you with the application as these must be directed to the Faculty.

Option 2: The Australian Government has an Australian Scholarship program that may provide undergraduate scholarships to international students. The availability of any such international undergraduate scholarships depends upon certain criteria including region/country of origin. If there is an international undergraduate scholarship available your application is made directly through the Australian Scholarship program.

UWA has no influence on whether an application is successful. Because of this, any questions about Australian Scholarships are to be made via the contact at the Australian Scholarship program or the Australian Embassy in your country or region.

If you do make a successful application through the Australian Scholarship program then the Australian Government will notify UWA of your scholarship. Once you have been accepted  for an Australian Scholarship Student Central will then be able to provide you with assistance.

You should also check with your home government to find out if there is a sponsorship program on offer for overseas study.

Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted; please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.