Benefits of UWA's course structure
UWA's innovative course structure enhances the UWA student experience and is beneficial to you as a student in many ways.
Whatever goals you may have, a UWA degree creates a world of possibilities. About 40 per cent of today’s jobs won't exist in 20 years’ time (CEDA, 2015), so we believe in better preparation for the careers of the future.
Our innovative course structure is the only one of its kind in WA and is based on a global model. It means you can pursue your interests and maximise your career opportunities at the same time. This flexibility sets you apart from the crowd and is key to future-proofing your career.
Completing a UWA course, you will:
- Have the freedom to sample a wide range of subjects, particularly in first year, that help you to decide which subjects and careers interest you most.
- Develop not only expertise in your chosen area of specialised study but also a broader range of knowledge and attributes that will equip you for a rapidly changing world.
- Gain job-ready skills, with a particular emphasis on communication and research, together with leadership qualities and engagement with the wider community.
- Have the opportunity to study abroad for one or two semesters. Achievement in a different academic and cultural environment will show employers that you are a self-starter, flexible and adventurous.
- Be more prepared for professional careers and gain fairer access to high-demand professional training.
- Benefit from a much simpler, more consistent and more flexible set of course structures that will enable you to make easier, clearer choices.
The Future Students website will provide you with further information.