Broadening units

Why do I need to take ‘broadening units’ under UWA's course structure?

If you are an undergraduate student you will complete four “broadening” units to broaden your educational experience. UWA has introduced these units to better equip you for the future. Broadening your study will give you a global perspective that will make you a more well-rounded graduate and more attractive to employers. Australian and international employer groups and professional associations have repeatedly emphasised the need for graduates who are equipped not only with specific subject expertise, technical knowledge and employability skills but also with a broader understanding that prepares them for a changing world.

  • Category A broadening units have as their main focus some aspect of the globalised and culturally diverse environment. To satisfy broadening requirements you must include at least one Category A broadening unit in your course.
  • Category B broadening units can be chosen from any discipline outside the knowledge area of your degree.

The Future Students website will provide you with more information on broadening units.

Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted; please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.