Scanned document requirements when applying for a course online
When you are applying for a course online, you will be asked to upload scanned documents.
The University of Western Australia requires scanned original documents to be provided during the admission process.
Note: Hard-copy original transcripts and degree certificates from previous studies may be requested at any time as part of the process of verifying the authenticity of any documents provided with an application.
Scanned Documents Guidelines:
- Documents must be scanned from the original and where possible in colour;
- Documents must be scanned in colour if the document has embossed seals;
- Unreadable documents will be required to be re-scanned which may result in a delay in the application being assessed. If an applicant is unable to scan documents effectively then the University will accept a hard-copy original document;
- Scans from a photocopy or a faxed copy are not accepted;
- Documents must be scanned at the original size;
- Applicants must ensure no part or pages of the document are missing;
- Where a document has stamps, seals or text on both sides of the page then both sides must be scanned;
- Scanned documents must be in one of the following formats: pdf, .rtf, .txt, .doc, .docx, .xls, .tif, .rpt, .bmp, .xlsx, .png or .jpg
- Documents saved in the following file types will not be accepted: .dot, .gif, .ppt or .zip