Professional requirements for overseas trained lawyers

What do I need to do to be able to practice in WA if I qualified as a lawyer overseas?

Answer ID 830 | Last updated on 07/11/2022 06.41 PM

If you have an overseas qualification and want to practice in Australia, contact the Legal Practice Board of Western Australia (LPBWA) for a skills assessment.
The Master of Legal Practice is designed for people who have fulfilled the requirements of a law degree and who have been admitted to practice, usually in another country, and have been advised by the Legal Practice Board of Western Australia to undertake extra units of study in order to be admitted to practice law in this state.
Read more about UWA's excellent teaching team on the Law School website.


Was this answer helpful?