Accommodation for exchange and study abroad students

Does UWA provide accommodation for exchange and study abroad students?

Answer ID 877 | Last updated on 02/12/2022 09.19 AM

On Campus Accommodation
There are five residential colleges/halls on-campus which accommodate approximately 1000 students. The Colleges offer a furnished private room and two or three meals a day.

The colleges house students of different ages and backgrounds and are places where students can share academic and personal interests with other students. More importantly, they offer an environment where tutors and senior students help you during the transition from school or overseas to university. There are also social activities organised to help you balance the demands of study.

The Residential Colleges at UWA are:

These colleges use a common application system: The UWA Residential Colleges Application Portal. You will rank the colleges you wish to live in by preference. If you do not receive an offer from your college of first preference, the portal will automatically send your application to your next highest preference. You do not need to have received your offer to apply for accommodation at the residential colleges, but note that there is a non-refundable application fee. 

The University also owns a number of unfurnished or partially furnished properties in Crawley Village close to the Crawley Campus that are available for UWA students.

Off-Campus Perth CBD Accommodation
Students wishing to live closer to the heart of Perth City may wish to consider two new purpose-built student accommodation options which have been endorsed by UWA. Both are located in Northbridge, Perth’s vibrant social and cultural precinct, and close to public transport. For more information visit their websites. Perth CBD student accommodation can be cheaper because there are no meals provided. Students can also save money by choosing a shared room. Don't forget to factor in the costs of food and transport to the UWA campus in your budgeting.

Accommodation close to the University is in high demand and more expensive than other areas. The UWA Accommodation Office maintains listings of both vacant and shared accommodation available to students in areas surrounding the campus. The Accommodation Office does not evaluate the accommodation or negotiate on your behalf with the owner/agent. You are responsible for judging the quality, suitability and safety of the accommodation.

You can look for accommodation by:

  • Reading advertisements placed on notice boards around campus
  • Contacting real estate agents
  • Getting help from other students who are familiar with the university area

Was this answer helpful?