Purchasing insurance for your exchange or study abroad period at UWA

Do I need to purchase insurance for my exchange or study abroad period at UWA?

All applicants for an Australian Student Visa (and their dependants) must be covered by acceptable health insurance cover during the whole period of study in Australia by purchasing Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). This is a compulsory government requirement and applies to all international students except where special government arrangements between certain countries are in place (e.g. New Zealand, Norway, Belgium and Sweden).

Students coming on a Working Holiday Visa (eligible countries only) will need to take out comparable travel insurance at their own cost.

Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted; please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.