Resources for international research students

What resources does UWA provide for international research students?

As an international research student at UWA the Graduate Research School provides international research students with FIRSTatUWA - the Facilitating International Research Students' Transition at UWA program. This program is designed to assist with your transition to undertaking research studies at UWA. In addition to the support provided by your supervisory team, a wide range of induction materials and research training, resources and support is provided by the Graduate Education Officers.

You are also supported and assisted by the Library, the Centre for Applied Statistics, the UWA Guild and Student Central.

Student Central is your principal point of contact, providing you with a wide range of services:

  • Airport reception and transfer to accommodation
  • Assistance with arranging initial temporary accommodation
  • A comprehensive orientation program which includes campus and city tours
  • Advice on practical issues such as banking, shopping and transport
  • Cultural adjustment, meeting other students, enrolment and other matters about which you may have questions
  • Ongoing welfare support
  • Assistance with student visas and Overseas Students Health Cover (OSHC)
  • Liaison with international student associations
Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted; please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.