Fees by instalment if you are an international student

Can I pay my fees by instalment if I am an international student?

Answer ID 966 | Last updated on 02/11/2022 04.29 PM

You are not able to pay your fees by instalment throughout the semester. If you're an existing student, your Statement of Account will be issued on studentConnect one month prior to the commencement of each semester.

Payment extensions may be granted to students who have recently experienced significant, unexpected circumstances beyond their control that have impacted on their ability to make on-time payment of tuition fees for the upcoming semester.

In order to be considered for an extension, please visit the Fees website, complete the application form and submit it to the Fees Office.

There are a few important things for you to note:

  • As an international student visa holder it is a condition of your UWA Acceptance Contract, CoE and student visa that you have access to sufficient funds to pay all fees on time throughout your degree, and so extension requests are not granted lightly.
  • Before submitting your application, please ensure that all fees for previous semesters have already been paid; extensions will only be considered for tuition fees due in the upcoming semester. If an extension is granted, all fees must be paid by the last date of the teaching period for the coming semester, which is before the exam period.
  • In gathering your supporting documentation it’s important to remember to include details of your income and expenses to help you determine whether your proposal to pay all fees before the end of semester is realistic.
  • The current financial difficulties that you are experiencing should be a temporary circumstance; you will need to be able to show that the financial difficulties will have been resolved before next semester to ensure you don't need a further extension.
Other support services:
Sometimes when experiencing financial difficulties there can be other contributing factors, such as academic difficulties. If you would like to talk with someone about how you are progressing with your studies, your finances, or any other matters, there are excellent support services available to you. You might like to get in contact with the International Student Support team, your Student Advising Office, the Student Guild, or Wellbeing and Counselling Services.

Was this answer helpful?