Working in Australia while on student exchange to UWA

Can I work in Australia while on student exchange to UWA?

Answer ID 874 | Last updated on 07/02/2022 01.01 PM

Everyone applying for a Student Visa will receive permission to work with their visa grant. On a Student Visa Grant you can work up to 40 hours per fortnight during semester, and no limits outside of study periods. However, you cannot start work until you have commenced your course in Australia. You do not need a visa label in your passport to show your employer that you have permission to work. Your visa information is held electronically by the Department of Home Affairs and can be accessed at any time for verification.

More information on visas can be found by visiting the Australian Department of Home Affairs.

Was this answer helpful?